Thread: Cost of Weight Loss Surgery Mexico

Cost of Weight Loss Surgery Mexico

I've had bariatric surgery done in this country and have lost 250lbs. I live in the US but chose to get this procedure done overseas as it is much less expensive and saved me lots of money.

I read the in the USA, Canada and Australia, starts from $15,500 up to a whopping $30,000. That's a huge amount of money! Where as in Mexico, I only had it for less than $8000. That's half of the cost I saved if I had it done in my country.

I agree! Some popular surgeons in Mexico charge as follows:
    Dr. Jaime Ponce de leon - $4999 upwards
    Dr. Jesus Lopez Dominguez - $4399 upwards
    Dr. Jalil Illan - $4399 upwards

I think that's a lot of savings!

I paid $4,500.00 with Dr. Sergio Verboonen in Tijuana, Mexico. International Patient Facilitators set things up for me and I paid $675 to schedule with my credit card and the balance of $3,825 on the day of my surgery. I paid with a cashiers check. You need to also pay for flights to SanDiego so maybe add another 500 dollars. Best money I have ever spent. Here at home I would have paid $17,000 dollars. Um, that's a very big savings.

It is important to base your decision for Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery) in Mexico not only on price. You need to be sure you do your research and go with a very highly trained and experienced surgical team. Take your time and do not rush or feel pressured into any decisions. Do not allow a price of $500 dollars less to sway your decision if the surgical team is not as experienced. It's always better to pay a bit more and to get a very experienced surgical team with an excellent record and a lot of happy patients.

Cost of Weight Loss Surgery M

Hi beewax85 How are you doing with your weight loss? Are the pills working now? I do hope you have lost some weight already. Good luck